Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: Neck turning

Title
    Premium Member

Neck turning

For those that neck turn, what tool set up are you using? Would you recommend it?

Title
    Premium Member
    K&M Precision neck turning kit. Excellent and easy to use. If you can afford the carbide tools from them, the are worth it over the regular steel. Much smoother cutting and expander mandrels.
    "Do I reload to shoot more, or do I shoot to reload more?" 30-378 Weatherby, .300 RUM, 7mm Rem Mag, 6.5 Creedmoor, .223/5.56, .375 H&H, .40 S&W, 10mm, .357 SIG

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCoyote View Post
    K&M Precision neck turning kit. Excellent and easy to use. If you can afford the carbide tools from them, the are worth it over the regular steel. Much smoother cutting and expander mandrels.
    I use the k&m also. It’s done well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Another vote for K&M here, if you are after that "little extra" that consistent neck tension can give you. Mine works great and is easy to use and adjust. Oh, and I second the "go carbide if you can".

Title
    Premium Member
    I've never used neck turning tool, the little research I've done(basically none) I'm understanding it's for precision contricicity of the neck tension. Right. Next question, do they sell a whole k&m neck turning kit in the case already put together? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I use Hornady and have no complaints. There was a learning curve as with most tools.
    I use both manual and power adapter without difference.
    In hind sight i would look closely to a tool where the pilot is also a reamer

Title
    Premium Member
    the k&m web site has a kit order option, in which you select which components of the kit you want, ships in a case. About 250 if you get it all. I'm looking at the 21st century lathe kit. I have a lot of brass.
    Last edited by Ken_Winters; 10-02-2018 at 05:37 AM. Reason: clarity